Adventures in Vintage Simplicity - The Draped Camisole

Sunday, March 06, 2016






In the quest for a camisole that fits and flatters I decided to make my own.   A 1958 Vintage Simplicity pattern was just the leaping off point I needed.

The body of the pattern was cut from cotton lawn.  To ensure a custom fit, the cups were draped and the straps replaced with something a little more modest.

Taking some vintage Japanese cotton lawn (Kanebo International), the first final piece came together.  There are lengths of satin and viscoes waiting for the second and third final pieces.
  
There were a few more tweaks as I nipped and tucked my way to the end.  Slices taken off here and there.  I could have gone on forever. Eventually I had to admit, it was done, and time to finish.
For now I'll let my mannequin model it.  It fits beautifully, you'll just have to take my word for it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *