Reminds One of Paris, eh?

Wednesday, May 15, 2013


I stumbled across this postcard while researching my home town.  It seems an appropriate way to announce I'm about to head away on a holiday, to Paris amongst other places.

This Saturday, my sister and I fly out to spend some time in Paris, before meeting up with Dad in Oslo. In a sense, we are retracing the steps of a longer trip we took many years ago and travelling with a listening ear, as Dad takes us to see places and people that shape his history.

My dearest is looking after the kids for the three weeks I am away. Any travel tips I should know?  Secret haunts I should hunt out?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. You don't know how jealous I am! Have a fantastic trip and if the kids need a play date (or Dad needs the kids have a play date) get him to ring me. Jxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I love the Paris and Greytown comparison! Have a great trip, no tips from me cos I've never been to Paris or Oslo!! S:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, jealous! I love Paris! And that postcard is awesome. Have a great time! In Paris I loved window shopping in all the amazing shops and the bakeries. And make sure you take a walk along the Seine. The Tuileries gardens are lovely too. And try and get out to Versailles if you can - just an amazing place. Haven't been to Oslo, but looking forward to hearing all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have an amazing time! I loved Versailles and the little market stalls along the Seine. But really ALL of Paris is stunning! Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *