Zipped Pocket and Other Diversions

Monday, February 18, 2013


I started to stitch, thinking that I would only be a few minutes, an hour at the most.  This was supposed to be a little project.  Then I got a little side tracked with the embellishments.  The pocket needed a little quilting to hold the layers together.  Picking out some of the floral details with glowing pearle cotton seamed like a good idea.

I put a movie on to keep me company, Amelia to be precise.  Two hours later, the details were picked and I was soaring above the clouds, disappearing off the radar, somewhere in the pacific.  It left me feeling quite melancholic. I keep telling myself, the movie wasn't the best but somehow it was all strangely compelling.


A day later and the pocket is finished and lined. I have a habit of getting side tracked with the embellishments.  Sometimes plain is good, but often I see just a little detail that could be changed to make it amazing.  What was going to be a small task has expanded to fill the space I give it.  At the end I don't think I would change a thing, but keep thinking I could have done so much more.  I could have sewn two, if only I had left the embroidery and movie alone. I think my head is still in the clouds a little too.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. It is lovely - the fabric is beautiful.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. The fabric is by Sharon Evans Yenter from In the beginning. I have been holding onto it for about 8 years now. Either way for too long.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *