Keeping Warm With a Smile

Thursday, July 08, 2010

The southerlies have set in. Sometimes keeping warm means the tracksuit pants you forgot at the bottom of the drawer and a big blanket, other times keeping warm is an excuse to dress up. Over the weekend, while the sun was out, I was fortunate enough to stumble across the vintage car club waiting to take part in the Arbour Day parade. These ladies know how to keep warm with a smile.


These outfits and cars come out when the occasion permits – Art Deco Weekends in Napier, Vintage Car Rallies and Heading to the Local Car Museum with friends. The partners were standing around admiring handy work and wax jobs.

The accessories just add to it –

Hats with delicate beading

And crochet gloves that make my heart skip a beat. Crochet and I don’t get along, but these gloves have me reconsidering, if only to practise such delicate feather stitch.

However, when it comes down to it, it’s the smile that makes the outfit.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. They look like they are having a great time, and I agree, those gloves are lovely.

    Thanks for your kind comments on my blog post the other day, I was quite overwhelmed by the lovely responses I received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Looks like it was a classic bright and chilly Wairarapa winter's day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *