Red, White and Yellow Nests

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I was treated to an indulgent day to myself on Saturday. Almost 6 hours of just me, the sewing machine and a few projects to work on. At the moment everything is looking very red, white and yellow.

The first was Little e’s new curtains. We are in the process of moving her into a new room. I have a weakness for ticking and rick rack, hence the new red curtains. Ticking can be so fickle to work with. It was truly a case of measure twice and cut once. As soon as we manage to get the last of our things out of Little e’s room, I promise I’ll show them. For now, here’s a glimpse of my first attempt at ticking curtains.

The wedding quilt is coming along too, with both the four patches and nine patches completed. Now it’s time to put together the setting blocks.

The day wasn’t spent entirely alone. I have a habit of forgetting to stop and eat when I get carried away and so I had a small visitor and her dad deliver me my lunch and afternoon tea.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Looks so good, the curtains, the crocheted blankie, the cushion. And that poppet in the middle of it all. So nice!!
    Inspires me to go finish off dealing with the chaos from where Sweeney pulled his chest of drawers over and everything got strewn through his room ... and learn to crochet

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *