Busy Busy Day

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Yesterday was a whirl wind of crafty goodness. In the space of a day Mum and I took in Craft 2.0, the Quilt Wellington Exhibition and quilt symposium vendors mall.

While there are no pictures to illustrate my busy day, I’ll try to point you in the right direction for some more information.

It was my first Craft 2.0 and I was impressed. We turned up at 10, just after it opened and the place was packed. The craft was fantastic and there were so many new discoveries – Silver Circus, Free Range Baby and Corn Tree to name a few. I even got to meet the lovely Steph of Love Stitches.

The Quilt Wellington Exhibition blew me away. It finishes on Tuesday, and if you have any chance of getting there. I was most impressed with the works of Katherine Morrison. Her works exalt the blanket to a whole new level. While some may argue it’s not what they call quilting, you can find some of her works here to make up your own mind.

I feel I was very restrained at the symposium vendors’ mall. I came away feeling very lucky to have one of the best stores just 20 minutes up the road all year round. There were some new treasures to be found too. As part of my recent felt bent, I ended up with some wonderful kitsets and embellishments from The Wool Patch.

After that busy, busy day, I really need to rest for the rest of my Easter weekend so here’s hoping the weather holds.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. It was nice to meet you in person. Sorry I was so flustered/dorky. It kept suddenly getting busy and catching me off guard. At least thats the excuse I am running with!
    I bow down to quiltmakers! The one by Heather Harding looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *