Stocking the Baby Box - Bibs

Friday, March 07, 2008

I read in the news a few weeks ago the last year saw a record number of babies being born in New Zealand. It feels like this year is shaping up to be much the same. At the moment I can think of 6 couples that are expecting this year, so it is time to stock up the baby gift box.


I'm starting with bibs. I think that they are one of those things that you can't really have too many of. I was inspired by the fantastic one made by Prairie in Greytown, and have followed her lead by putting pincord on the back. It's easy to work with, soaks up well and can handle the occasional scrub – because babies are lovely but not always tidy. There is not particular pattern to these bibs. I started with a nice rounded pattern with a side fastening and adapted it to close at the back and fit in a 10” x 14” shape.



Bibs are being made everywhere . Louise at 20 Cent Mixture is working on some and there are a few other patterns already out there like this one and this one [ (it even has a pocket).


Note: The stunt tree's double is working overtime. This one is a purple magnolia that seems to flower first and for longer than anything else in the garden. If you look closely you can seen the buds ready for next spring.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Your comments make my day. I would love to hear from you.

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *